Art a la carte: holiday edition

Art Basel/Courtesy
Art Basel in Miami Beach - MCH Messe Schweiz (Basel) AG

Want to sound cultured when you head back home for the holidays? We’re here to help!

1. Even though Art Basel ran last week, we really aren’t over the Miami-based deluxe exhibition. From Brazil ArtFair to ultramodern hanging gardens to artsy neon lights, Art Basel featured the leading art and design galleries. Feast your eyes on Vogue’s top 15 highlights.

2. MakeShop is one of the trendiest things happening in San Francisco this month. The crafty store features handmade trinkets that would be perfect as Christmas gifts and offers free candy, hot chocolate and cider. Plus, the shop is streaming “Elf!” Stop by 550 Sutter St. to see for yourself.

3. Aqueduct Racetrack is a thoroughbred horse-racing facility in Queens. It now doubles as a graffiti art gallery. New York Times reporter William Grimes has the lowdown.

4. Give the gift of art this holiday with Tappan Collective. The website has some pretty affordable (and beautiful!) wall adornments, including photography prints and acrylic work.

5. Time magazine recently discovered Ditto Greetings, an online greeting card company that allows you to send your friends and families scenes from your favorite holiday movies. Yes, of course, they have “Love Actually.”

Addy Bhasin covers visual art. Contact her at [email protected].