New year, new cultured you! “Art a la Carte” takes on yoga, Chanel and Russia this week.
1. “Don’t mind what day it is today. Just live!” says Russian artist Arina Pozdnyak. Here’s her gorgeous take on the 2014 (or really any year’s) calendar.
2. Was one of your New Year’s resolutions to work out more? Check out this cute, illustrated guide to Bikram yoga.
3. Did you know Coco Chanel was an orphan? Discover more about the grand fashion designer in this fashionable (and educational!) video.
4. “What is your generic term for a sweet carbonated beverage?” Watch this fun, animated video to see how America answered.
5. Yelena Bryksenkova is self-professed as “Russian-born, Midwest-raised and Northeast-based.” Her blog features her illustrations which look to literature, travel and comfort for inspiration. Want her art for yourself? Stop by her online shop.
Addy Bhasin covers visual art. Contact her at [email protected]