Much to everyone’s dismay, winter vacation has officially ended. After every break, you have to readjust to the lifestyle you lived at school. Spring semester is a rude awakening, and we totally sympathize with the worst parts about back-to-school season.
1) You realize you’re not prepared at all for the new semester.
Did you check your emails at all during break? Buy books or notebooks? Nope.
2) You no longer have home-cooked meals.
There’s nothing quite like waking up to the smell of bacon and pancakes in the morning.
3) You never finished binge watching the entire “Game of Thrones” series, and now you don’t have time.
Waking up and not being able to turn on Netflix and stay in bed all day is a terrible feeling. Unless you still do that regardless of whether you’re on break.
4) You don’t have access to your car anymore.
It’s nice to see you again, AC Transit 51B.
5) You realize sleeping throughout the day and taking multiple naps is no longer an option.
Do you even remember what it feels like to wake up at 8 a.m.?
6) You have to go back to mediocre showers.
You’re ripped from the comforts of your own bathroom at home and placed into communal showers once more.
7) You have to relearn how to study.
Even picking up pencil again might feel like riding your bike after not riding it for years.
8) You have to revert back to your college budget.
Goodbye, “free” dinners out with the family; hello, seeking free food during club info meetings with friends.
Contact Sujin Shin at [email protected]