10 things you already miss about being back home

No matter how much you love Berkeley, there are certain things about home that you can’t help but miss. It might feel like you’re still back at home on Netflix with a bag of extra-buttery popcorn and some Nutella on the side.  We know it’s only been a week since school has started, but just in case you forgot, here are a few things you’re probably missing:

1) Your pet(s) 

IMG_5423 (1)

There’s nothing quite like having your pet welcome you every day with unbridled joy. Those familiar saliva-laden kisses will definitely be missed. Sure, you might be allowed to have goldfish in your apartment, but it’s really just not the same.

2) Food

Sliver is good, but you already have a personal favorite back at home — for SoCal people, it’s probably those amazing carne asada fries. Now you’ll have to wait another four months to satisfy your hometown cravings.

3) Having your own bathroom

Who would have thought you would appreciate your bathroom at home so much after a semester at UC Berkeley? Oh, that wonderful place where the only hair clogging the drain was yours.

4) Your car

Leaving your ultimate source of freedom behind was one of the hardest things you had to do. But who has the cash to pay for a parking pass? Not you.

5) Not having to pay for things

image

We don’t judge you for pulling on your parents’ heartstrings to get them to buy you something you’d feel guilty about purchasing on your own.

6) Sleep

No more sleeping at 4 a.m. and waking up at 4 p.m. Now you have to set your alarm to 9 a.m., which is, like, the middle of the night.

7) Your bed

Did you let out a little sigh of discontent when you lay down on your school bed when you came back from break? So did we.

8) Having someone make you food every day

As you step into Crossroads or drag yourself to the grocery store in your sweatpants, you suddenly feel awful for not thanking your mom (or dad) for those home-cooked meals.

9) Shamelessly lying around all day 

tumblr_lk4ys2dbFq1qeo7cdo1_500

Say goodbye to the days of binge-watching “The Big Bang Theory” every day.  Now you have to learn about physics the real way. Ugh.

10) Your family 

Last but not least, no matter how great freedom and the college scene is, you can’t help but miss the comfort and love of your family.

Image Sources:  hang_in_there under Creative Commons,  Haley Talbot/Staff, naertes, heartsandmagicfood-setsa-moment-of-peacealyce-in-bloomkiedyscoswymyslethewonderfulworldofmelissablog.wifflegif, and whatthebuck20 

Contact Sujin Shin at [email protected]