The daily roundup: all of Jan. 30′s need-to-know news from the Daily Cal

The daily roundup is a collection of the top stories to read from The Daily Californian. We’ve curated need-to-know articles from all sections of the Daily Cal to give you a quick glimpse at our news coverage.   

Top headlines to read:

“In the wake of an investigation concluding that UCLA policies on discrimination and bias among faculty were “vague” and “inadequate,” UC President Janet Napolitano has called on the system’s chancellors to adopt measures that will spur a more transparent system for dealing with diversity issues.” — Napolitano recommends implementation of 5 measures to increase transparency in discrimination cases

“A multicampus UC research center will see new leadership next month when a UC Berkeley professor of electrical engineering and computer sciences takes charge.” — Former chair of UC Berkeley EECS department to take over as director of CITRIS

Sports tonight:

“Shouts of anger and excitement flew across the courts in sync with the ball hitting the ground. Suddenly, a ball slammed into the net, and everything stopped. A yell escaped the mouth of freshman Filip Bergevi. He just clinched the win for his team, the first clinching win of his freshman career.” — Cal men’s tennis blanks Hawaii

Conversation-starters:

“Nestled in the burgeoning hipster scene of San Francisco’s Mission District, Stage Werx seeks to continue the rich heritage of solo performance theater in San Francisco with its ongoing series, Solo Sundays.” — Soaring imaginations make for superb Solo Sundays at Stage Werx

“With a new semester comes a new season of musicians headed to the Bay. Wondering which acts should be your top priority to see next month? The Daily Clog has got you covered.” — Bay Area concert watch: top live shows of February 2014

Berkeley on the Web: 

“The Possible, an experimental, collaborative creation open now through May 25 at the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive, attempts to break its own innovative mold.” — Berkeley: BAM/PFA exhibit engages visitors in creative process (INSIDE BAY AREA)

Chloe Hunt is the blog editor. Contact her at [email protected]