ICYMI: Girl Scout cookies are for sale and some of them take credit cards

Michaela Swensen/Staff

What might possibly be the most addictive cookie company has conveniently come to campus for a month. No need to beg your parents to mail you boxes, because you can buy them yourself from the Girl Scout troops set up at Bancroft and Telegraph and at North Gate. The girls might make your walk to campus better with cookies for $5 per box.

Yes, they are $5 per box. But don’t worry if you’re short on cash: Some of the troops will even take your credit card! We all wish they could partner with Cal Dining so meal points could be used.

We’ve spotted Girl Scouts selling cookies at both North Gate and on the corner of Bancroft and Telegraph. But if you are still unable to find a box, we’ve found a Girl Scout Cookie Finder app.

Troops are selling eight different Girl Scout cookie flavors, sure to please everyone from chocolate-lovers to berry-lovers: Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Do-Si-Dos, Savannah Smiles, Dulce de Leche and Thank U Berry Much. If none of these flavors sound appealing, you are probably crazy. But you could still be charitable and buy a box of cookies, and the Girl Scouts can donate that box to either a local food bank or the military.

If you want to stockpile cookies to get you through the late nights studying for midterms, one group of Girl Scouts we spoke to has a raffle. If you purchase five boxes, you will be placed in a drawing for an entire 12-case of cookies.

So if you’ve been waiting to get your fix of Girl Scout cookies, don’t procrastinate. Hurry and pick up your favorite flavors before they run out. The Girl Scouts will only be around campus until March.

Contact Martha Morrissey at [email protected].