How to: vote in the 2014 ASUC elections. Seriously, do it.

What, you haven’t voted yet?! Well, we can’t let that continue.

We’re not going to tell you who to vote for, but voting closes 11:50 p.m. Thursday, so you better vote quickly. For many of you, you’ve been approached by friends or friends-of-friends or people-you-had-one-conversation-with letting you know you should vote for, but there are many ways to learn about candidates running for ASUC executive and senate positions besides whatever information they push at you. For the full rundown on everything elections, check out the ASUC election website. But to help, we’re providing the basics below.

But seriously, before you vote — get educated. The ASUC’s Voters’ Guide is golden for quick statements, pictures and party affiliations of candidates. It can give you a bit more information than the myriad of Facebook statuses and pictures that clutter your news feed. The Daily Californian also writes a lot about the elections. ASUC parties and candidates have their own websites to talk more about themselves. Chances are, there will be some candidates that support things you care about but hadn’t heard about yet.

It’s also really good to understand you have rights as voters, like the right to “travel through the campus unimpeded” and to not be campaigned at while you are in your dorms or dining commons.

NOW VOTE! Vote online! It’s a dream come true. We wish everything could be done from bed … oh wait, there already are webcasted classes. Or if you don’t like voting online or will forget halfway through and go on Tumblr and never return, there are three physical voting booths at Wurster Hall, Dwinelle and North Gate/Sutardja Dai halls. They are open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. There are some student groups that host their own voting booths as well.

Also, you get a nifty 20 percent discount at the Cal Student Store for voting. Yep — good old incentives.

Chloe Hunt is the blog editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter @saidChloe.