It’s time to put your Harry Potter knowledge to the test. On April 16, ASUC SUPERB will be hosting a Harry Potter trivia night. The winning team will receive — drumroll, please — tickets to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida. Teams will also have a chance to win prizes through a raffle and costume contest. The event will be hosted at Pappy’s Bar & Grill on Telegraph Avenue from 6 to 8 p.m.
But don’t be fooled — this trivia night won’t be a walk in the park. You’re not going to be asked what house Cedric Diggory was in or what the name of Hermione’s cat was. So we at the Clog compiled a few questions about all things Harry Potter to help you prepare. Can you answer them?
1. What are the books Harry Potter needed for his first year at Hogwarts?
- “The Standard Book of Spells” (Grade 10) by Miranda Goshawk
- “A History of Magic” by Bathilda Bagshot
- “Magical Theory” by Adalbert Waffling
- “A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration” by Emeric Switch
- “One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi” by Phyllida Spore
- “Magical Drafts and Potions” by Arsenius Jigger
- “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” by Newt Scamander
- “The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection” by Quentin Trimble
2. How long must the lacewing flies be stewed for the Polyjuice Potion?
Answer: 21 days prior to making the potion.
3. True or false: The Firebolt is capable of going from zero to 120 miles per hour in 10 seconds.
Answer: False. The Firebolt actually goes up to 150 miles per hour in 10 seconds.
4. What is the name of the goblin who made the sword of Gryffindor?
Answer: Ragnuk the First
5) Name the six passwords used to get into the headmaster’s office.
Answer: Sherbet Lemon, Cockroach Cluster, Acid Pops, Fizzing Whizbees, Toffee Eclairs, Dumbledore
6. What is the last line to the Hogwarts School song?
Answer: “And learn until our brains all rot.”
7. What gift did Harry receive from the Dursleys in his second year?
Answer: a toothpick
Contact Sujin Shin at [email protected].