Check out the 18th annual Chocolate and Chalk Art Festival on Northside on Saturday

Another Bullwinkle Show/Courtesy
2013 runner up: Campus Campanile by Imad Obegi

Head to Gourmet Ghetto in north Shattuck Avenue on Saturday for a chance to become an artist, to sample food, to listen to live music and more! The Chocolate and Chalk Art Festival is a beloved Berkeley summer event that attracts artists and participants from all over the Bay Area.

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 6.23.53 PM

2013 first place winners: IXCACAO by Alegra Figeroid & Zoe Turin

Artists can register for a drawing space on the sidewalk beforehand or at the event. Prizes ranging from $25 gift cards to $100 cash rewards will be awarded to the best chalk artists.

Those who attend the event will also have the opportunity to try different delicious flavors of chocolate from eateries and shops in the Gourmet Ghetto. Tickets to try these selections can be purchased at the event or online. Each ticket is $1, and you can see the chocolate menu here. Those who purchase a ticket will be given the opportunity to participate in a raffle for a chance to win a chocolate-bar motif camera donated by ArtVisions Portraiture.

The event will also include live entertainment by bands such as the Dylan Platt Band and the Lee Waterman Trio. Other entertainment include face painting, pony rides and several arts and crafts events.

Image Source: Another Bullwinkel Show 

Contact Spandana Singh at [email protected].