Cultivate Festival 2014 is coming to San Francisco

Chipotle Cultivate /Courtesy

There are few things UC Berkeley students love more than food, music and free events. Now we can get all three in one place, because on June 7 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Cultivate Festival will be held in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. Join more than 15,000 people for a free one-day food, music and idea festival hosted by Chipotle that will have cooking demonstrations by celebrity chefs, live music, a tasting hall with regional beer, wine, food and a special Chipotle festival menu.

In one giant tent, you’ll be able to sample a collection of artisanal regional food. You’ll also be able to sample local and specialty beers and wines in a brewers’ hall at the event. To make this event even better, you can listen to an excellent lineup of indie pop-rockers such as Neon Trees, Smallpools and Andrew McMahon while you sample good food.

There will also be an on-site chef demonstration with guest chefs including Graham Elliot from “Iron Chef” and “Top Chef Masters” and Amanda Freitag from “Chopped” and “The Next Iron Chef.” You can also get free food from Chipotle if you visit at least four of the five “experiences” throughout the festival and get your program stamped. Then you can receive a coupon for a free burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos and drink at any Chipotle.

Even if  it were just a free event to see Neon Trees, it would be worth it, but now you can sample good food, get a free meal at Chipotle and see live chef demonstrations from celebrity chefs. Check out the website to see more details about the schedule of events.

Contact Sujin Shin at [email protected].