Female student reports being drugged, sexually assaulted

A female student reported that she was drugged and sexually assaulted at a fraternity about two weeks ago, according to a report from a campus security authority. The assault occurred on a Saturday during the daytime after a football game, the report said.

The case was released in a UCPD crime alert Thursday.

Last week, five individuals reported to campus authorities that they were given “roofies” and sexually assaulted at the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity, unaffiliated with the campus. A leader in Theta Delta Chi also reported that a member of his fraternity had been sexually assaulted by another member, according to a crime alert released Friday.

Two instances of sexual assault at fraternities last month and another that may have also occurred at a fraternity were also reported in a crime alert released Oct. 2.

Campus security authorities are responsible for collecting and reporting certain crimes from students and employees to UCPD. Authorities include campus officials who oversee students and campus activities such as resident advisors and Greek community coordinators.

UCPD provided this information to the Berkeley Police Department, who advised that they have not received reports of the activity.

BPD requested that those with information about these crimes contact its nonemergency line at 510-981-5900.

Jessie Lau is a news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter @jessielau93.