3 robberies reported on campus Saturday

Three robberies, one of which involved a threat of a firearm, occurred on west campus Saturday, according to police.

According to a UCPD crime alert released Tuesday morning, the first incident occurred at about 7:51 p.m. A 24-year-old male UC Berkeley student was walking on the path south of the eucalyptus grove when he was approached by a man who demanded his property. The man allegedly punched the student in the face and fled northbound out of the grove. He is described as a black male, 15 to 25 years of age, approximately 5-foot-6 in height and was wearing a baseball cap and dark sweatshirt.

The second robbery involved a threat of a firearm and occurred on Strawberry Creek bridge at approximately 7:55 p.m. A 20-year-old male UC Berkeley student was approached by two males, one of whom allegedly told the student he would shoot him if he didn’t give him his property, according to the alert. The student gave his property and the two individuals fled toward Oxford Street. The two individuals are described as black and Hispanic males, approximately 10 to 12 years of age and both about five feet in height.

The third reported robbery occurred at about 10:45 p.m. on Frank Schlessinger Way. A 22-year-old male UC Berkeley student was walking toward Oxford Street when he was approached by three juveniles — two males and a female. One of the male individuals allegedly threatened the student and allegedly went through the student’s pockets. The female individual allegedly took the student’s wallet and removed cash from it. The third individual allegedly punched the student in the face. The juveniles were last seen running east on Frank Schlessinger Way. They are described as a white or hispanic males about 14 years old, a black female approximately 14 to 16 years old and a black male approximately 14 to 16 years old.

UCPD searched the area in all three cases but could not locate the suspects. Two of the students suffered minor physical injuries during the encounters. Police have requested that those with information about the crimes or suspects to contact the UCPD criminal investigations bureau at 510-642-0472.

Sophie Ho is the executive news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter @sophanho.