BERKELEY'S NEWS • FEBRUARY 01, 2023

Ring in the New Year with our 2023 New Year's Special Issue!

Candidate closes in on opponent in District 8, updated ballots show

NOVEMBER 08, 2014

As of Saturday afternoon, updated election results show that incumbent Kriss Worthington and candidate George Beier remain in the lead for City Council seats of Districts 7 and 8, respectively — although the latter’s lead is now just two votes more than that of the runner-up Lori Droste.

According to results posted by the Alameda County Registrar of Voters, Worthington’s about 10 percentage point lead over challenger Sean Barry has carried over since the results were last updated Friday. Worthington leads by 123 votes.

Droste is closing in on opponent Beier, separated now by only two votes — a slim 0.06 percentage-point lead. Neither candidate has served on City Council.

In a Saturday press release, the registrar stated that the recent updated count reflects an additional 47,045 ballots and about 24,000 votes will continue to be tabulated into early next week. Under state law, the county registrar has until Dec. 2 to certify election results.

Jeff Landa is a news editor. Contact him at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter @JeffLanda.

NOVEMBER 08, 2014