BERKELEY'S NEWS • NOVEMBER 30, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Student is victim of armed robbery on east side of Greek Theater

DECEMBER 10, 2014

A UC Berkeley student was the victim of an armed robbery on the east side of the Greek Theater on Tuesday night.

The 18-year-old student was near the Bowles Hall parking lot at about 11:20 p.m. when two men approached him from behind, according to a UCPD crime alert released Wednesday. One of the men allegedly pressed a handgun against the student’s stomach and asked for his property, after which the student gave up his cell phone.

One of the men allegedly searched the student’s pockets then fled toward the Foothill parking lot, according to the alert. UCPD officers did not find the suspects after searching. The student was not physically injured.

According to the alert, the suspects are described as:

Suspect No. 1 — A white male, about 5-foot-10 in height, in his 20s, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and carrying a gun.

Suspect No. 2 — A white male, about 5-foot-10 in height, in his 20s, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.

Contact Melissa Wen at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter @melissalwen.

DECEMBER 10, 2014