The first day of the year has finally rolled around and we at The Clog have had plenty of time to reflect on the past year and begin to look forward to 2015 and all its potential glory. Even though the exciting unknown about 2015 is something we savor during the first few days of the year, we can’t help but think about how we can start off the new year with the right foot. The Clog has committed to internalize the following list of New Year’s resolutions because we know that resolve is the key to a happy and fulfilling year.
1. Avoid elevators — run up the stairs instead.
2. Cut order time at local cafes in half: Instead of asking to see all the teas, only ask to see the herbal tea options.
3. Only drink espresso.
4. Efficiency is key — choose the 5-minute workout instead of the 7-minute workout session. No need for abs like steel when you can have abs like rubber: flexible and lean.
5. Take up curling. Everyone loves a curler.
6. Moisturize your elbows.
8. And pens.
11. Use hashtags in actual conversation. It makes the conversation easier to categorize later.
12. Admit that yoga isn’t really that great.
13. Write a sign for Hunter Pence.
14. Illustrate the next great American graphic novel that deserves a place in your local bookstore.
15. Feel proud about your favorite swimsuit this summer by being the only person wearing a swimsuit at a nude beach.
Image Sources: BazaarBizarreSF, Jörg Aleff, Bob August, brian, fishhawk, Peter Miller, Fernando de Sousa, Ewen Roberts, s.yume, Sean MacEntee, Bruce Stockwel, Andrew Dallos, Honey Bunny, Tendenci Software, byronv2, David Sim under Creative Commons.
Contact Rachel Feder at [email protected].