New Steve Jobs movie being filmed in Berkeley on Friday

Alex Turney/File

Are you a fan of Steve Jobs? Are you a fan of Seth Rogen? Are you a fan of cinematic production in general? Then you better take a long nap Friday because from 6 p.m. on Friday evening to 6 a.m. on Saturday morning, a film crew will be posted up in front of La Mediteranee at 2936 College Ave. — between Russell Street and Ashby Avenue — to film a scene for a new movie based on Walter Isaacson’s bestselling biography of Jobs.

The movie stars Michael Fassbender (as Jobs), Seth Rogen and Kate Winslet. Directed by Danny Boyle, with a screenplay by Aaron Sorkin, the movie centers on Apple’s launch of several key products during the 1980s and 1990s. While phone hacking with Jobs, Steve Wozniak (played by Rogen) was living in Berkeley. Here, he and Jobs presumably hung out on occasion. Wozniak attended UC Berkeley for a year, but he dropped out in 1971.

Councilmember Lori Droste issued an email letting residents know that parking will be restricted in front of La Mediteranee during times of filming. So we guess we should tell you that if you plan on getting some seriously good Mediterranean cuisine tonight, you should probably walk there. All businesses will still be open, Droste told us.

While it is unclear who will be present during the filming, we Cloggers are getting pretty curious and might be planning to spend the whole day napping as we prepare for a night well spent doing a sufficient amount of fangirling. And who really needs to go to your first Friday class of the semester when Seth Rogen may or may not be in the vicinity? Just don’t tell anyone we told you.

Contact Summer Langton at [email protected].