Week in events: Feb. 2 – Feb. 7

Modified from Barbara Willi under Creative Commons by Sabrina Werts, Senior Staff
Sabrina Werts/File

We heard that some classes have midterms in a few weeks. For your sake, we’re hoping that you’re not in them and can enjoy the plethora of events that are happening in and around Berkeley this week.

Monday, Feb. 2

Learn about all of the different groups that are doing service, from tutoring to health clinics to volunteering! Service organizations will be giving a presentation info session-style instead of tabling on Sproul. If you want to get involved in public service, come to this event. We heard that there will be food.

World Dodgeball Society Berkeley plays at the James Kenney Recreation Center in Berkeley on select Mondays from 8–10 p.m. If you really need a flashback to getting pelted by dodgeballs in elementary school gym class, head towards the Marina.

Tuesday, Feb. 3

The pups are back for more Pet Hugs! Come get some much needed stress relief with awesome therapy dogs from Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF)!

Usually admission is $10 for adults, but admission is free the first Tuesday of the month at this Golden Gate Park museum favorite (special exhibition fees still apply).

In honor of the 100th anniversary of Sather Tower, there will be three live performances of the Carillon at 6:30, 7:00 and 7:30.

Wednesday, Feb. 4

On the first Wednesday of the month, UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens are free to the public. Check out the exhibit, Following in the Bartrams’ Footsteps, which features original artworks of native plant discoveries by John and William Bartram in the 18th century.

Thursday, Feb. 5

The Cirque de Soleil-like contemporary dance group will be in Berkeley Feb. 4–7. The show will explore the “towering themes of our existence — connection, isolation and alienation — on an intimate human scale.”

The weekly open-air farmers market returns after last week’s fire! Enjoy the organic produce and fun activities that the Mission has to offer.

Friday, Feb. 6

The street festival of art, food, crafts, music and more happens every first Friday of the month. You can BART or even take the bus down to Telegraph Avenue in Oakland.

Contact Holly Secon at [email protected].