Even though the days are getting longer, we know that your days are feeling shorter and shorter, getting more packed than ever. But no need to worry, we here at Eating Berkeley have the perfect protein-packed recipe for you to make at the beginning of the week and have to eat for the rest of the week.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini
- 3/4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- Sriracha as desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then cover with lid over low heat for 12-15 minutes, or until al dente.
- In a pan, roast walnuts in vegetable oil for 5-10 minutes or until golden. After about 5 minutes, add tomatoes, zucchini and onions and stir until done.
- In a separate bowl, mix still-hot quinoa with parmesan, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add vegetables to mixture and mix.
- Add salt, pepper and sriracha as desire.
- Chill and eat for the next week.
Image source: Naotake Murayama
Contact Holly Secon at [email protected].