Want an easy, warm, delicious, Instagram-worthy breakfast? Well, look no further. We at the Clog bring you easy baked banana oatmeal! After filtering through many Instagram and Pinterest posts looking for the best and easiest baked oatmeal, we finally found a winner. With only five ingredients, this is surely an easy and affordable meal to get your day started.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk (almond or soy milk, if you are feeling fancy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana
- *Optional ingredients include (but are not limited to) peanut butter, chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberries, raisins and dates.
- Mix the oats, milk and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana. (It helps if you use a super ripe banana.)
- Add the mashed banana and baking powder to the oats and stir it up. Pour this into a greased baking dish. (This is for one, so the dish can be relatively small.)
- Pop it in the oven for about half an hour, until the top looks nice and golden brown and the inside is warm and delicious.
Top it with anything you want. (See optional ingredients for some suggestions.) You can also try out this super easy homemade almond butter, sure to impress your friends.
- as many almonds as you want
- Lay almonds flat on a baking dish and place in the oven for about 25 minutes. Once you smell the almonds, that is when you know they are done.
- Take them out and put them in a food processor and blend away. It takes a while, but eventually you will end up with a nice, smooth almond butter.
The beauty of this recipe is that it is super easy and super adaptable. You can put whatever you want in it and on it. So go crazy, and make your Monday-through-Friday classes a bit sweeter in the morning.
Recipe source: pinterest.com