Do you remember your Orientation Day? That was the day you took the picture that decided how you would hold your ID card for the next four years: face up or face down. Through any obstacles you may experience in your time here at UC Berkeley, your Cal 1 Card remains a constant — something you rely on to access the multitude of services the campus provides. Even if you loose it, you never need to fret, for it is always replaceable, and you’ve probably memorized your SID number … right?
Never leave home without this key to campus life, and you’ll be able to use your Cal 1 Card in all the possible ways we at the Clog have outlined below.
1. Student ID
2. Meal plan access
3. RSF access
4. Health services access (the Tang Center)
5. Building keycard access
6. Debit account
7. Ticketless entry to athletic events
8. Ridership on AC Transit bus lines and campus shuttles (with bus pass)
9. Card Merchants: Some off-campus businesses accept Cal 1 Card debit!
10. Cal Dining
11. Laundry in the residence halls
12. University libraries
13. On-campus printing and copying
14. Free admission to the Berkeley Art Museum
15. Free admission to the top of the Campanile
Image Source: Quinn Dombrowski under Creative Commons
Contact Mary-Ann Niktas at [email protected].