So your best friend is coming to visit. This just possibly may be the moment you’ve been waiting for all year. Your birthday? Sigh, what is it without your best friend by your side? Valentine’s Day? Psshh, it’s got nothing on a weekend with your true sweetie. So when you figure out that your best friend is coming to visit you, it only makes sense that you’re overwhelmed with excitement. Well, we at the Clog have decided to chronicle your stages of excitement of seeing your BFFL.
- It’s all booked! MY BEST FRIEND is coming to Berkeley!
- This can’t be happening, it’s all too surreal.
- We are going to do EVERYTHING together!
- I’m going to take him or her to all my favorite places on campus! I’ll show them the desk I sit at in my favorite library when I’m hyperventilating about my fast-approaching midterm, my favorite couch in my favorite cafe and my favorite secluded napping spots.
- Ugh, I have to clean all my crap.
- Ugh, I have to do my laundry.
- Ugh, I have to make my bed … Maybe he or she can just sleep on the couch? No! That’ll never do for my bestie.
- Eh, whatever. He or she has already seen me at my dirtiest. True love needs no illusions.
- I can take him or her for an adventure in San Francisco!
- We’re going to hit up all the cool little restaurants, book stores and thrift shops I’ve discovered. Maybe we’ll even stop by the usual tourist traps.
- I can’t wait to PARTAY with my BFF!
- Followed by a completely unapologetic ice cream binge, courtesy of C.R.E.A.M.
- It’s going to feel like the movies when we see each other again. We will run to each other in slow motion, an orchestra will spontaneously begin to play and flowers will rain down from the heavens.
- Or I’ll just sprint at him or her and tackle him or her with all the force of my love.
- He or she is going to be here any moment! I’m going to absolutely burst!
- “Let me tell you ‘bout my best friend!”
Contact Sravya Singampalli at [email protected].