It’s the season of California’s favorite food — the avocado. Avocados have an enormous amount of benefits. They help maintain a healthy heart and are high in monounsaturated fat, which is one of those “healthy fats” that people say you should be eating. Additionally, avocados are full of antioxidants and B vitamins, which can boost immune systems, and the fiber content helps keep you fuller longer. We invite you to celebrate avocado season, which for Hass avocados runs from March to September, with a vegan avocado “milkshake.” See the simple recipe below to try something new, refreshing and completely vegan.
Avocado Milkshake Recipe yields two “milkshakes”
- 2⁄3 cup coconut water (non-vegan option: dairy milk)
- 1⁄2 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and top with whipped cream, if you’d like.
If you’ve never tried an avocado smoothie before, comment below what you thought of it!
Image source: Cristian Feher
Contact Natalie Dardaine at [email protected].