Make your dinner feel tropical by switching up how you normally prepare salmon, and use a mango salsa topping instead. This topping will be fresh since mangos are in season now! You can even pick some up at the Downtown Berkeley Farmer’s Market on Saturdays. The ingredients listed below are for 2 servings, so grab a friend to cook with, or get excited about leftovers!
– 12 ounces salmon
– Pepper (to taste)
– Sea salt (to taste)
– 2 mangos
– 2 kiwis
– 2 tablespoons orange juice
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
– Fresh mint to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Coat salmon in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until done.
4. Combine sliced mango, lime juice, sliced kiwi, salt and orange juice.
5. Add salsa on top of salmon, and top with mint.
Image sources: Andrew E. Larsen via Creative Commons and Martha Morrissey/Staff
Contact Martha Morrissey at [email protected].