There’s nothing that says summer like having a sweet, tropical drink to sip on during a hot day. That’s why we at the Clog decided to make this fun, blue twist on the classic pina colada called a Dolphin’s Foam. It has the same amount of coconut and pineapple flavor as the pina colada but with an added boost of citrus and the brilliant hue of a dolphin-speckled sea. It’s a simple recipe that requires little time and effort, meaning you can get right back to basking in the sunshine in no time. We chose to use a whole pineapple so the pineapple juice would be fresh and to make the drink look super cute! If you’re not yet 21, try this delicious virgin pina colada, which you can pour into your pineapple cup instead.
- 50 mL Malibu Rum
- 25 mL coconut cream
- 75 mL pineapple juice
- 50 mL Blue Curacao
- Fresh pineapple wedges/cherries
- Create pineapple cup by slicing off top of pineapple and then circling your knife around the edges. Cut the fruit into pieces.
- Make pineapple juice by putting pineapple slices in blender with ¼ cup of water. Blend and pour into a separate cup.
- Fill blender with ice cubes and then add Malibu Rum and coconut cream. Blend and pour into your pineapple cup.
- Pour pineapple juice and Blue Curacao on top and swirl together.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges and/or cherries.
We would love to see your own pineapple creations, so don’t forget to share them with us!
Contact Natalie Dardaine at [email protected].