Breakfast at home can get boring if you’re following the same routine everyday. But there’s no reason why you should limit yourself. Breakfast should be an excuse to indulge, as your breakfast can set the tone for the rest of your day. To start off your day on a bright happy note, try making coconut French toast. We’re sure this recipe doesn’t require much more time than your current breakfast routine, so there’s no real reason not to be more adventurous with your breakfast!
Coconut French toast yields four to six pieces of toast
- ½ cup cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 4 to 6 slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Toppings: maple syrup and powdered sugar
- Mix the eggs, vanilla extract and cream of coconut together.
- Dip one side of bread into the egg mixture and transfer to a plate of coconut flakes, so the coconut sticks to the bread.
- Repeat step two with the other side of bread.
- Once both sides are covered, transfer to buttered pan and cook each side for about one minute on medium heat.
- Serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
If you have any other ideas for a fun, new breakfast option, be sure to share them with us!