As UC Berkeley students, we consider granola more than just a food — it’s a lifestyle. We love the outdoors, health foods and socialism (or at least that’s what all our friends back home seem to think). So to live our stereotype to the fullest, we at the Clog have decided to share with you a crunchy granola recipe perfect for your next hike.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dried fruit of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 1/2 cup nut of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix ingredients together. Make sure to evenly distribute the wet ingredients throughout.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Pour mixture on aluminum foil and spread evenly.
- Place in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.