Get them before they’re gone: seasonal items to try in Berkeley

Although we at the Daily Clog hate to admit it, our sweet summer is almost gone. There are just a few days left to embrace the warm sun and endless freedom. Luckily, we have the perfect idea for how to savor summer’s last moments. There are tons of seasonal items that everyone just has to try before they vanish for an entire year. None of us are patient enough to wait until they appear again, so get them before they’re gone. First up is:

1. CREAM’s blueberry cheesecake and pineapple coconut ice cream

If these two ice cream flavors don’t scream out summer to you, I don’t know what will. Once you get a taste of these two flavors, you’ll feel like you’re chilling on an island with an amazing ocean view and a delicious tropical ice cream by your side. If you don’t think your traditional ice cream cookie sandwich is worth waiting in line at CREAM, these two flavors will definitely be a game changer.

2. Zachary’s Hawaiian pizza

Your mouth should be drooling simply at the thought of Chicago style pizza. Starting with crispy crust and thick tomato sauce, this pizza masters the sweet and savory combo. Canadian bacon and pineapple topped with green onions and pepper jack cheese makes for the perfect summer pizza. We can’t possibly think of anything else to say to convince you that this pizza will not only change your summer, but your entire life.

3. McCafé Oreo frappe

If you happen to be going to McDonald’s for dessert, you have to try their summer Oreo frappe. It’s better than any frappuccino Berkeley’s coffee places could offer. The bitterness of the coffee balances harmoniously with the perfect amount of Oreos and whipped cream. Plus, McCafé has a promotion where if you buy four drinks you get the fifth free. After hearing this, you’ll wish summer were the only season.

4. Gregoire’s August menu

Now this place is something special since they change their menu monthly for all three meals of the day. Even though they’re famous for their potato puffs, which are basically fried mashed potato balls, everything else on the menu is worth trying. From their fried buttermilk chicken to their grilled New York Steak, there’s no doubt that you’ll be pleased with anything you order off the menu.

5. Nothing Bundt Cake’s lemon raspberry cake

You don’t know the true meaning of cake until you’ve tried this place’s bundt cakes. We can guarantee that these are the softest, most flavor-filled cakes you will ever have. Every flavor is bound to blow your mind and the cream cheese frosting takes it all to another level with just the right balance of tartness and sweetness. With in season berries and a touch of refreshing lemon, this might just be their best creation yet.

Image source: Image 1