Move-in day: what you’re actually thinking

File/Staff

Don’t worry if on move-in day you already feel a tiny bit frustrated with the exhausting process — it’s understandable. You’re probably attempting to act like a normal human to impress your brand new roommate and his or her family. Or maybe you’re trying to be on your best behavior for your parents since this is potentially the last time you’ll see them until December. You don’t want to jeopardize those care packages, right? We understand the stress, so the Daily Clog is here to help you out and point out what you can’t actually say out loud on move-in day:

1. “Ever since I knew we were going to be roommates, I’ve thoroughly stalked you on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Every basic piece of introductory information you’re about to tell me I probably already know, but I’ll pretend I don’t have a clue — don’t want to freak you out.”

2. “Whoa! Our RA is hot.”

3. “The posters you want to hang in our room are just weird and I don’t want to look at them every day when I come back home.”

4. “Oh, your boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other is also starting at Cal this year? Don’t you dare sexile me. You’ve been warned.”

5. “When I’m in my room at home, I normally don’t wear pants. Can I do that here?”

6. “I love eating on my bed. I usually also eat very smelly food, so sorry about that.”

7. “I snore like crazy. Go buy earplugs, please.”

8. “I go for a run every day at 6 a.m. and I’m usually pretty loud getting ready. I might wake you up on a daily basis.”

9. “I’m a very social person. I love bringing in my crowd of friends to chill, talk and laugh until the wee hours of the night.”

10. “I hate doing chores. Picking up trash, making my bed, cleaning up my desk and vacuuming the floor are activities I’m not particularly fond of.”

Please don’t say any of these things if you’d like to have a smooth start. We at the Clog sincerely hope that you and your roomie(s) will have a great year together, and maybe even become besties!