Cooking while living in the residence halls isn’t the easiest thing to do, but these raw vegan cheesecakes are super easy to make and extremely delicious, too. No stove or oven required. All you really need is a freezer.
What you’ll need:
Muffin liners, wax paper or aluminum foil (to line muffin tins with)
1 cup of almonds
1/2 cup of dates
1/4 cup of shredded coconut
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 cups of raw cashews
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup agave or any other liquid sweetener
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup berries of your choice
1/8 cup coconut oil
2 tsp agave or any other liquid sweetener
What you’ll do:
- Put all ingredients for the crust in food processor. Process the ingredients until mixture is thick and sticky like dough.
- Take some of that mixture and roll into a ball. Place into a lined muffin tin and flatten.
- Prepare the filling. Process until the mixture has a consistency similar to that of cheesecake.
- Place filling on top of crust in lined muffin tin.
- Prepare topping. Process ingredients until consistency is similar to sauce. Place topping on top of filling.
- Place in the freezer to set (for about 30 minutes to on4 hour).
Contact Kithumini Jayasiri at [email protected].