BERKELEY'S NEWS • NOVEMBER 27, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Police report strong arm robbery incident in North Berkeley on Friday

|

News Editor

SEPTEMBER 21, 2015

An individual was robbed Friday afternoon in North Berkeley, according to a crime alert by campus police Monday morning.

The incident occurred near the intersection of Hearst Avenue and La Loma Avenue about 2:52 p.m. Friday. The male victim, whose affiliation to campus is unknown, was walking with cash in his hands when a silver Cadillac stopped near him, the alert said.

The passenger exited the vehicle, took the cash from the victim, returned to the car and the vehicle fled westbound. The victim was not physically injured during the incident.

Though the strong arm robbery occurred within the Berkeley Police Department’s jurisdiction, both campus and city police searched the area but were unable to locate the suspect or the vehicle.

In the crime alert, police described the suspect as a white male wearing a white T-shirt and black shorts. Anyone with information about the crime can contact BPD at (510) 981-5900.

In the alert, police encouraged community members to avoid traveling alone and to keep valuables out of plain sight when walking around.

Bo Kovitz is the city news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @beau_etc.

SEPTEMBER 21, 2015