Which throwback show should you binge watch on Netflix?

Sophia Zepeda/Staff

Midterms have begun for many of us and the horrors of blue books will continue until finals like an endless season of testing and anxiety. In order to best prepare, many UC Berkeley students have taken “binge watching,” better known as “Netflix and chill,” to a whole new level. Whatever you want to call it, sometimes you need a little help sifting through the large number of options available to you on Netflix. We at the Daily Clog are here to help lead you in the right direction, so you can get on with your chill-binge Netflix watching.

1. Which school/ college does your major fall under?
    1. Chemistry — I’m all about protons and neutrons, dude.
    2. Engineering — It’s really hard but rewarding.
    3. Haas, because I want to be hella rich.
    4. Letters & Science. What? I’m just trying to find myself, ok?
    5. Other (I’m cool like that).
  2. Where’s your favorite place to study on campus?
    1. A library — I like the silence.
    2. The Student Union — it’s so nice and new.
    3. Memorial Glade because I can tan and study at the same time. Who doesn’t want that?
    4. Anywhere. I don’t have a preference because I hate studying — and school in general.
    5. I’m not going to tell you because I don’t want other people to know about it.
  3. What’s your favorite on-campus food spot?
    1. Free Speech Movement Cafe — those sandwiches are the best.
    2. Golden Bear Cafe because I value that they’re trying to help me eat healthy.
    3. Qualcomm Cafe — the huge wraps with extra hummus on them make my day.
    4. Brown’s — I’ve been there twice, but it’s on my way to class.
    5. Ramona’s (all of my classes are very far away, so it works out).
  4. What’s your go-to clothing style for 8 a.m. classes?
    1. Just rolled out of bed — I’m essentially wearing pajamas.
    2. Jeans and a T-shirt, always.
    3. Whatever’s clean/ doesn’t smell bad.
    4. Runway ready.
    5. Shorts and flip-flops, no matter the weather.
  5. How do you get to campus?
    1. Walk. I’m very athletic.
    2. Bike. I love my bike, but I’m always terrified it’ll get stolen.
    3. Bus — you should really try the Bear Transit. It’s awesome.
    4. BART. I live kinda far away.
    5. Meh, I never make it to class.
    1. “Courage the Cowardly Dog:” This animated horror-comedy Cartoon Network classic has everything you need to get the most out of your “Netflix and chill” session. Courage, a dog that lives on an isolated farm with his elderly married owners, attempts to make sense of the strange and often horrific events that happen around him. The dark humor is perfectly juxtaposed with Courage’s often, well, cowardly behavior.
    2. “Malcolm in the Middle:” Before he was the star of everyone’s favorite family show, Bryan Cranston played the supporting role of Frankie Muniz’s father in this hilarious sitcom about a family of six attempting to get by. Frankie Muniz plays Malcolm who’s the genius child who narrates the series. This series paved the way for sitcoms, such as “Modern Family,” that  show the less than glamorous side of an average American family.
    3. “Freaks and Geeks:” Forget “Mean Girls” or “Napoleon Dynamite,” if you want a realistic portrayal of the high school experience as a Millennial, “Freaks and Geeks” is for you. Starring many of your favorite comedians — Linda Cardellini, James Franco, Seth Rogen, Busy Philipps — in their earliest roles, this classic will leave you wishing there was more than one season.
    4. “Gossip Girl:” Screw realistic and relatable portrayals of high school in television, you want “Gossip Girl.” This guilty pleasure about New York socialites navigating the treacherous waters of the Upper East Side will offer the distraction you need. Leighton Meester and Blake Lively are the quintessential frenemies that will somehow have you rooting for their ridiculously complicated social relationships.
    5. “The West Wing:” You’re obviously one of the more refined members of society, so “The West Wing” is the only thing you should bother watching during your next binge. The all-star cast, which set the bar for all future political dramas, will hold your attention episode after episode. Your parents had it right when they were watching this, maybe you should listen to them more.

Contact Sophia Zepeda at [email protected].