Daily dose of pumpkin products from Trader Joe’s

Jim Belford/Creative Commons

Breaking news — you can incorporate pumpkin into your life in other ways besides having a pumpkin spice latte.  In fact, thanks to Trader Joe’s, it’s possible to incorporate pumpkin into breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. While eating something pumpkin-flavored every two hours during the fall might be slightly excessive, we at the Clog won’t judge. We’re already nursing our second pumpkin spice latte of the day.  We scoured Trader Joe’s to find its best seasonal products featuring pumpkin. Here are some of our favorites:

For those of you that consider breakfast the most important meal of the day, now you can get a little fancy with some pumpkin-flavored products here and there. For example, you can buy Trader Joe’s equivalent of pumpkin-flavored Cheerios, pumpkin-flavored oatmeal or even scones. Don’t be afraid to get fancy — pumpkin-flavored breakfast might be your new style.

As a busy college student, snacks are essential to your health and wellbeing. While not the healthiest, it’s midterm season so reward yourself with a seasonal study snack. You’ll be so much more motivated to start watching the three weeks worth of computer science lectures you have to catch up on if you know that at the end of every lecture you can snack on a piece of biscotti. #rewards.

After a long day of studying, your favorite vegetable is here to refuel your energy again. Most of Trader Joe’s products showcase the sweet side of pumpkin, but it can be used in savory dishes as well. Take notes, Crossroads. Pumpkin and pasta may sound like an unusual combination, but we promise that it works. Pumpkin ravioli is an easy and perfect option for an October meal. All you need to know is how to boil water. You can accompany this meal with a chilled pumpkin beer — if you start your day with a pumpkin spice latte, it’s only fitting to end it with another kind of pumpkin beverage.

If you don’t like pumpkin but still want to be festive, you can decorate your apartment or dorm room with adorable mini pumpkins. They’ll brighten up a living space and require no maintenance. Let’s be real, the plant you purchased at the fall plant sale looks like it’s going to die before your midterms end this semester.

Contact Martha Morrissey at [email protected].