This homemade cashew milk recipe doesn’t require much — it’s simple and full of creamy goodness in each sip. What more could you want? The instructions are so easy to follow that this beverage can be made right in your own residence hall room. While this may not be real cows’ milk, it’s just as creamy (if not creamier) and full of flavor. It’s a good alternative, especially for those who are lactose intolerant or trying to avoid dairy.
1 cup raw cashews
2 cups water
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp. honey or agave
2 tsp vanilla extract — optional
Pinch of cinnamon — optional
- Soak cashews in water for at least two hours in the refrigerator.
- Take cashews out of the refrigerator and drain.
- Rinse until the water is clear.
- Add the cashews and one cup of water to the blender.
- Blend until pulverized.
- Add in the second cup of water and optional ingredients.
- Continue to blend.
If plain cashew milk just doesn’t cut it for you, add in some berries to flavor the beverage or if the drink is too thick for your liking, strain using a cheese cloth or nut milk bag.