Making chia seed pudding is quick and easy — if you know how to measure, stir and pour, then you can make this healthy and portable snack. Chia seeds are a great source of nutrition because they’re high in antioxidants and Omega-3 acids. Best of all, this recipe is vegan! You might be wondering how chia seeds and milk magically thicken into pudding — it’s because, when mixed with liquids, chia seeds grow larger. Check out the recipe below, it makes four servings.
What you’ll need:
2 cups choice of milk (we used vanilla coconut milk)
1/2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup chia seeds
Optional: Here’s where you can get creative — our favorite toppings are pomegranate, strawberries, peanut butter and almonds.
What you’ll do
- Pour milk and chia seeds into mixing bowl
- Gently stir for five minutes
- Divide into four and pour into Mason jars so they’re 3/4 full
- Refrigerate for two to three hours
- Add your favorite topping and enjoy!
Contact Martha Morrissey at [email protected].