Police receive additional report of attempted kidnapping Sunday night

Update: 10/21/15: This article has been updated to reflect new information from Berkeley Police Department.

Two separate attempted kidnappings reportedly occurred in the same area on the evening of Oct. 19, according to a crime alert released by Berkeley Police Department on Wednesday.

A previous crime alert stated that shortly after 6 p.m. Sunday, three young females walked past a man near College Avenue and Webster Street, who called for them to get into a van. According to the alert, the victims fled, and the man pursued them on foot for a while before getting into the van and driving away.

According to an alert sent Wednesday, another young girl had been approached approximately 15 minutes prior in the same area.

The suspect in both instances is described as a Hispanic male in his late 20s or early 30s with some facial hair. Police now believe the suspect is driving a windowless, black full-size cargo van.

These incidents bear resemblance to kidnapping attempts in the city last month, in which a suspect of a similar description reportedly attempted to persuade various children to get into his van.

Check back for updates.

Michelle Pitcher is the university news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @MichellePitcher.