Who said blenders were only for making smoothies? With this simple recipe, you can whip up a batch of flourless muffins in less than 20 minutes, using just a few simple ingredients. Next time you have ripe bananas that need to be used, blend away and make some of these fluffy, moist mounds of joy.
What you’ll need:
1 egg (or 1 flax egg made with 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp water and then refrigerated for 15 minutes)
6 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp honey or agave
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
Optional: 6 tbsp chocolate chips
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips (in case you decide to use them) into blender. Blend until the consistency is smooth.
- If you’re using chocolate chips, stir them in by hand.
- Pour muffin batter into tin.
- Bake for seven to 10 minutes, and make sure to check if the tops are setting. Poke a toothpick into a muffin, and if no batter shows up, the muffins are ready.
- Allow muffins to cool for about five minutes or so.
Contact Kithumini Jayasiri at [email protected].