Vehicle of missing UC Berkeley graduate student Shuqin Zhang found

Update 1/18/15: This story has been updated to reflect information from Berkeley Police Department.

The vehicle of missing campus graduate student Shuqin Zhang was found Jan. 9, according to a Berkeley Police Department alert.

Zhang, a 22-year-old female, was last seen Jan. 7 at 1:30 a.m. in Berkeley, according to a BPD alert released Friday. Her car, a white 2012 Mercedes, was found Jan. 9 at Point Reyes near the lighthouse, said an updated alert. As of Monday, however, Berkeley police have no new information to share on Zhang’s disappearance, according to Lt. Jennifer Louis.

After her vehicle was located, the U.S. Park Service, U.S. Coast Guard and Marin County Search and Rescue conducted an “extensive search” in the area, according to an update from BPD spokesperson Officer Jennifer Coats. During the search, several of Zhang’s belongings were located on the cliff above the ocean.

The police had previously received information that she may have traveled to Bodega Bay later that morning at 3:40 a.m. Zhang was supposed to board a flight to China on the morning of Jan. 8 but never boarded the plane.

She wears glasses and may be wearing a “greenish blue hooded sweatshirt,” according to the original BPD alert. Zhang is described as an Asian female with black hair and brown eyes. She is 5-foot-2 and  weighs approximately 90 pounds.

She is a student in the campus statistics masters program.

BPD reported in the crime alert that Zhang has recently suffered depression and has been acting “out of character lately.”

BPD has asked that anyone with information about Zhang’s whereabouts call 911 or contact a local police department.

Contact Suhauna Hussain and Andrea Platten at [email protected].

A previous version of this article incorrectly stated, on second reference, that Shuqin Zhang’s car was found in Point Reyes on Saturday. In fact, her car was found Jan. 9.