Missing home already? Whip up a batch of these mouthwateringly buttery cookies and you’ll definitely feel like you’re eating some of Mom’s homemade good stuff. This recipe is for a guava cookie, but you can alter the recipe to be whatever flavor you want. You won’t be able to have just one — before you know it, the entire plate will be gone.
What you’ll need:
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar for recipe and 1/4 cup more for dusting cookies
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup guava jelly (or any other flavor fruit preserves of your choice)
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl or using a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar until the mixture reaches a fluffy consistency.
4. Add in vanilla and salt and mix.
5. Add in flour and gently mix in, making sure not to overmix.
6. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls that are about 1 inch in size.
7. Place onto baking sheet.
8. Use your thumb or a spoon to make indents on the balls of dough. Fill each indent with a teaspoon of preserves.
9. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown, making sure to check for burning.
10. Take the cookies out of the oven and allow them to cool. After the cookies are cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar over them.
Contact Kithumini Jayasiri at [email protected].