Picks of the week: Spring chill

Henrick Aa Uldalen/Spoke Art/Courtesy

The semester has just begun, but some of us are still in winter break mode. The time off we all craved and cherished will soon be substituted with large cups of coffee and many hours at the library. Before midterms and papers begin to dominate most of our free time, these picks might help you cram in a few adventures before you have to cram for exams.

Tuesday: “New Girl” on FOX

FOX is back with Season 5 of “New Girl.” Never failing to make us laugh until our stomachs hurt, this show combines comedy and drama to give us a glimpse of the lives of four roommates living it up in Los Angeles. After Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Cece (Hannah Simone) get engaged, Nick (Jake Johnson) and Winston (Lamorne Morris) struggle in the dating pool while Jess (Zooey Deschanel) takes her bubbly personality to jury duty. Grab your roommates and some ice cream while enjoying this night in — you will not regret it.

Wednesday: Berkeley Marina

Want to go for a run and enjoy a nice scenery before class starts? If so, then the Marina is the place for you. Go for a bike ride, take a walk by the pier and let yourself enjoy the rain-free week. If you find that you have more time on your hands, head on over to Plank in Oakland — a fresh, vibrant venue that overlooks the river for bowling, dining and a beer garden. Give yourself a refreshing break and take in the city on this Wednesday night.

Friday: “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Parts 1 and 2”

Did you miss the exciting, epic conclusion to the Hunger Games series? Now you have another chance thanks to ASUC SUPERB. Head on over to Memorial Glade with some blankets and witness Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) attempt to save District 12 and all those she loves in this adventurous finale.

Saturday: The 5th Annual Supersonic Invitational

After a long and tiring week, help yourself unwind by heading over to the Spoke Art Gallery in San Francisco — the fifth contemporary art exhibition showcasing the work of more than 75 artists. Whether you want to simply view the artwork or meet the artists, this place will give you a relaxing getaway from the business of the week ahead. Take your friends and get some dinner afterwards — it can not get any better than this.

Contact Mana Anvar at [email protected].