If ‘Gossip Girl’ characters were UC Berkeley buildings

For those of us who watch “Gossip Girl,” we know how crazy addicting the show can be. For us addicts, we spend our days day-dreaming of Chuck Bass and wishing we were Serena van der Woodsen. You may be dreaming of bumping into the cast of “Gossip Girl” on campus, so we at the Clog decided to bring these characters to life — in the form of UC Berkeley buildings.

Dan Humphrey

Alvin Wu/File

Alvin Wu/File

Dan Humphrey, one of the show’s first characters, would most certainly be Wheeler Hall if he were to be a building. Dan appears in nearly every episode and is also always outspoken and protesting something that the Upper East Siders are doing. Wheeler Hall is not only the home of the English department (and Dan aspires to be a writer), but it’s also one of the main buildings and is close to Sproul Hall where people are always protesting.

Chuck Bass

Student Union.clog.krandel

A young billionaire, Chuck Bass is the symbol of class and style. Thus, he would be the new Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union building with its shiny glass windows drawing everyone’s attention. The building is fancy and classy — exactly how Chuck is portrayed throughout the show. The building also stands a little apart from the rest of the campus buildings, which is also true of Chuck’s relationships. He’s such a busy man that he often ends up distancing himself from his friends, just as you and your friends need to distance yourselves to actually find a seat.

Serena van der Woodsen

Michael Drummond/File

Michael Drummond/File

Serena is the tall, beautiful and graceful main character. In other words, she’s the Campanile. She always seems to be the center of attention, whether she wants to be or not. Also, it seems as if all the other characters’ drama and lives revolve around Serena. While the Campanile does not have a history of partying and drugs as Serena does, it does have an eventful history filled with fossils and other important artifacts, among other things. The lore surrounding the Campanile is just like the rumors that follow Serena wherever she goes.

Blair Waldorf

DoeLibrary3_2008

Similarly to Chuck, Blair is a young, successful and powerful woman who loves to scheme and be the center of attention. Because she believes that she lives in Serena’s shadow, Blair is represented best as Doe Library. She is close to Serena and is constantly trying hard to succeed (as everyone in Doe Library often is), yet is just underneath Serena. But she still has her own strengths and has knowledge about almost everything going on in the Upper East Side, just as Doe has every book you could ever possibly want.

Nate Archibald

Ariel D. Hayat/File

Ariel D. Hayat/File

A superb athlete and a socialite, Nate is Memorial Stadium. He is at the top of the social pyramid but is still sometimes distant from the cast. He doesn’t like to be the center of attention like Serena or Blair, but he has his own claims to fame as well. He also has marvelous genes just as the stadium has marvelous architecture.

Vanessa Abrams

Desiree Diaz/Staff

Desiree Diaz/Staff

Somewhat of a hippy, Vanessa often refers to herself as an outsider among the Upper East Siders. She is down to earth and tries to stay out of the drama, although sometimes gets herself involved in the affairs as well. For this, she’s Mulford Hall. She’s unique, lives a life far different from the rest of the members — Mulford is certainly way too far from the other buildings — and is not as modernized as the others.

Contact Emilia Malachowski at [email protected].