BERKELEY'S NEWS • NOVEMBER 19, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Lyle Nevels announced as executive director of Office of Strategic Initiatives

FEBRUARY 20, 2016

Amid financial challenges, Lyle Nevels, current assistant vice chancellor for information technology, was appointed Feb. 17 as the executive director of the Office of Strategic Initiatives, a body created to provide further aid to the campus in cost-cutting measures.

In an email sent by Andrew Szeri, vice provost for strategic academic and facilities planning, to the campus community, Nevels was appointed by a search committee that consisted of representatives from the chancellor’s office, the executive vice chancellor and provost’s office and administration, as well as faculty.

In the past, Nevels also served as the campus deputy chief information officer, and was the Haas School of Business’ first chief information officer.

According to Szeri’s message to campus, Nevels was elected based on his “extensive experience leading and implementing cross-functional initiatives and transformational change.”

Under his leadership, the OSI will be “responsible for providing analytical support and coordinating the work of the teams and leaders of the campuswide strategic initiatives currently under development,” Szeri said in the message.

Check back for updates.

Contact Sofia Gonzalez-Platas at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @sglezplatas

FEBRUARY 21, 2016