Here at Eating Berkeley, we love cold-pressed juice. But if you try to buy it in stores, it gets to be a little too pricy. One of our favorites is the pineapple apple mint juice from BluePrint. It’s about $8 a bottle, but you can make it in the comfort of your own kitchen for less than half the cost. Mmm, it tastes like summer already!
(Note: You will either need a juicer or a blender and a cheesecloth to strain the liquid.)
What you’ll need:
2 green apples
1/3 of a pineapple
Sprig of mint (add mint to your liking)
What you’ll do:
1. Wash apples and mint leaves.
2. Cut pineapple into spears.
3. Slice apples. It’s ok to leave the peel on.
4. Put apple slices through juicer chute.
5. Put mint leaves and pineapple spears in together.
6. Scoop out froth.
Contact Kithumini Jayasiri at [email protected].