Best smoothies in Berkeley

Joanna Slodownik/Creative Commons

This past week, we were blessed with nice, sunny and gorgeous weather. Though the weather has since taken a turn for the less pleasant, while it was still nice, we at Eating Berkeley went out on a mission to find the best smoothies in area. Here are some of our favorites.

Freshens Mango Me Crazy

This smoothie is mango us crazy with how refreshing it tastes. Mango sorbet is blended with mango and pineapple. The best part? You can use meal points to buy this. Stop by The Den or Golden Bear Cafe and get some of this good stuff in your life right now. We tried the light version, which made us feel even better about this flavorful smoothie.

Freshens Peach on the Beach

Kithumini Jayasiri/Staff

This smoothie is made using peach, strawberries, mango and orange sherbet. You’ll definitely be feeling like you’re a peach on the beach while sipping this delicious blend. You can use meal points to purchase this smoothie too, as well as the many other Freshens smoothies offered.

Juice Appeal pitaya smoothie

Kithumini Jayasiri/Staff

Blended with Pitaya Plus smoothie packs, passion fruit and banana, this smoothie left us feeling like we were on spring break. If you’re looking to be transported to a faraway tropical land, rather than rainy Berkeley, then look no further. This smoothie will make you forget all about midterms with every sip.

Pitaya bowl

Kithumini Jayasiri/Staff

We tried the bowl version of the previous smoothie, and it tasted amazing, too! The pitaya smoothie base is topped with granola, frozen fruit, shredded coconut and honey. We can’t quite tell you why, but eating your smoothie with a spoon makes it seem more like a meal and less like a snack. Try the pitaya bowl version if you’re hungry and looking for a healthy option to fill you up.

Jamba Juice Orange Dream Machine

Kithumini Jayasiri/Staff

This smoothie reminded us of childhood. It tastes exactly like an orange creamsicle. It’s a blend of orange juice, orange sherbet, soy milk and nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt. This smoothie is a more dessert-like option, perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and giving you that daily immunity boost.

Contact Kithumini Jayasiri at [email protected].