Happy St. Patrick’s Day! If you’re lacking some green today, this is your sign that you should start baking this recipe as soon as possible to protect yourself from being pinched. If you love drinking tea, especially green tea, today’s your lucky day. This recipe uses your favorite traditional matcha powder to make scrumptious turtle cookies. Who needs four-leaf clovers when you can raise your own little turtle army right in your oven?
What you’ll need:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. matcha powder
couple spoonfuls of milk
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a medium bowl until fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla and matcha.
- Add in flour and stir thoroughly.
- Take three-fourths of the cookie batter and form into 1-inch balls. If the dough is too crumbly, mix in some milk so that it sticks together better.
- Place on cookie sheet and press down with a fork, horizontally and vertically to form the grid as shown below.
- Use the remaining one-fourth of the cookie batter and roll into small heads, arms and legs. If you want to add eyes, use a toothpick and poke two holes on the head.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.