$10 haul: Daiso edition

Sasha Ashall/Staff

Summer is just around the corner and the weather here in Berkeley is already starting to heat up. Soon, we’ll be dusting off our sun hats, sunscreen and summer clothes, but it can be expensive to gear up for the upcoming season. So we at the Clog, clutching a $10 bill in our fist, entered Telegraph Avenue’s resident cheap bits and bobs store, Daiso, to find out how much we could buy to prepare for summer for less than $10.

As it turns out, Daiso is full of wonderful, summery surprises around every corner. The first category on our checklist was summer fashion, so we made a beeline for the hat section near the door. There are so many different kinds of hats to choose from, all very reasonably priced. We went for a chic and stylish visor to protect us from the sun while hiking, walking to work or simply soaking up some rays. The visor was only $2! Other options include straw sun hats with leopard print and polka dot ribbons.

Summer Fashion

Sasha Ashall/Staff

The next summer fashion accessory we bought were elegant driving gloves that’ll make you feel like Cinderella for just $1.50. Picture yourself driving in the summer sun with the windows down, blasting “Good Life” by Kanye and wearing these swanky white gloves. You’ll feel like you’re in a Lana Del Rey music video.

Rachel Feder/Senior Staff

Rachel Feder/Senior Staff

The next category on our checklist was summer fun, so we headed over to the toys and such aisle, and, oh boy, did we hit the jackpot big time. If you love bubbles, you’re in for a treat. Daiso has every imaginable incarnation of bubble toys including a bubble shooter, which shoots bubbles out of a plastic gun ($1.50), and bubble sticks ($1.50), both pictured below. We can’t wait to hang out with our friends and have some good, old-fashioned bubble fun in the sun.

Bubble Shooter

Sasha Ashall/Staff

Bubble Stick

Sasha Ashall/Staff

The last category on our checklist was summer eats. We weren’t sure if Daiso would be able to deliver, but we were proven dead wrong with these Ice Bar Makers at just $1.50 for four!

Ice Bar Makers

Sasha Ashall/Staff

The total came out to just $8.76 for all five items. We can’t wait to slurp on some ice bars with cute and colorful handles as we walk along in our trendy visors shooting our friends with bubbles. What fun this summer will be!

Contact Sasha Ashall at [email protected].