Live like a college student, eat like a champ

Sophia Elia/File

Eating delicious, healthy food in college can be a struggle. When you’re afraid to branch out and give the mysterious fish dish of the day at Crossroads a try, the obvious options are burgers or pizza. Compounding that, it’s damn near impossible to make food in your residence hall unless it can be reconstituted with water. We at the Clog would like to share with you our recipe for a delectable, tempting treat that can be made in the comfort of your very own room with ingredients that can all be found at Crossroads.

Crispy, buttery and creamy cheese and cracker snacker stackers

Makes 20 stackers

These stackers are perfect for snacking on in your dorm room while studying when you have neither the time nor desire to make the trek to The Den or Bear Market.

What you’ll need:

1 box of Ritz crackers (or a similar type of cracker)

1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

3 tablespoons of milk

Salt and pepper to taste

Bowl and fork for mixing

Microwave (If you don’t have one in your residence hall room, you’re a dweeb and shouldn’t even be making these super cool snacker stackers)

What you’ll do:

1. Go to Crossroads for dinner.

2. Be sure to bring your food and drink to-go containers and your backpack.

3. Fill up your reusable and sustainable (color us green with this environmentally friendly recipe) cup with milk and your food container with shredded cheddar from the salad bar and shake a little salt and pepper on there.

4. Make sure to slip a fork and bowl into your backpack before you leave — you can return them later, no judgement.

5. On your way out, pick up some Ritz crackers from The Den. Alternately, you could get the crackers from Golden Bear Cafe while you’re on campus for class.

6. Go back to your room and take a nap because the stealing and sneaking around was tiring and both of your roommates are gone for the first time in four days.

7. Wake up and stretch a little bit.

8. Put the cheese and a few dashes of milk into the bowl and microwave the mixture for 15 seconds.

9. Whisk with your fork, add a few more dashes of milk in there and microwave again for 15 seconds.

10. Repeat this process until you’ve added all the milk and the mixture is thick, cheesy and fluffy with the air you’ve added from whisking.

11. Chill the cheese mixture in your dorm fridge for 20-30 minutes — this would be another great time for a power nap.

12. To assemble, spread the cheese mixture on the bottom of a Ritz cracker and sandwich another cracker on top. Repeat until all the cheese filling is gone.

You’re end product should look something like this:

Sasha Ashall/Staff

Sasha Ashall/Staff

That’s right, dumb-dumb, you just made a bunch of those gnarly cheese cracker sandwiches you used to eat in third grade. Did you really think this recipe was going to turn out well?

Enjoy.

Contact Sasha Ashall at [email protected].