Berkeley home worker charged with 4 sexual felonies

An Oakland man working at a Berkeley home was charged with four sexual felonies after allegedly touching a 5-year-old child inappropriately, according to court documents.

Dario Lambur-Castillo, 53, was arrested April 6 at the home where he worked on Woolsey Street. He was charged with committing a sex crime with a child under 10 years of age and three counts of lewd acts with a child under 14 years of age.

According to the documents, Lambur-Castillo admitted to a detective April 7 that he had put his hand down the child’s pants and underwear and had touched her bare buttocks with his hand April 5, adding that the “incident was accidental and nothing else sexual had occurred.”

The child had accompanied her mother that day to the Woolsey Street house where the mother worked as a cleaner, according to the documents. After the incident occurred, the child informed her mother that the worker — whom she referred to as the “man in the hat” — had allegedly touched her vagina and buttocks. The mother was then able to identify the man through a photo line-up, the documents said.

In an April 6 interview with the Child Abuse Listening, Interviewing and Coordination Center, the child alleged that Lambur-Castillo put his penis in her mouth April 5 and on one other occasion, according to court documents.

Lambur-Castillo is being held at Santa Rita Jail without bail. He is scheduled for a pretrial hearing at the Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse in downtown Oakland on May 19.

Contact Jennifer Wong at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @jenniferwong_dc.