We’ve all been there — standing in line at Chipotle. We have succumbed to paying a couple more dollars for a small scoop of some delicious guacamole. Luckily, we don’t have to anymore. Not only is guac significantly cheaper to make on your own, it’s also surprisingly easy and fun to whip up. You can step up your game even further by adding surprises like corn and black bean, like we do in this recipe that serves three. Just be sure to share with your friends.
What you’ll need:
2 ripe avocados (squishy, yet firm)
1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper
1 chopped medium Roma tomato
1 chopped medium red onion
1 finely chopped clove of garlic
1/3 cup or corn (canned or fresh)
1/3 cup of black beans (canned or fresh)
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
What you’ll do:
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Scoop the avocados into a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add in the jalapeno, tomato, red onion and garlic and mix well.
- Squeeze in the juice from two limes and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix and adjust seasoning.
- Place the corn and black beans on top of the bowl, and mix if desired.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Contact Juliet Hemmati at [email protected].