It’s summer and, besides sleeping and eating, what else can you do? It seems as though every waking hour not spent lazing around watching Netflix or cooling off in the pool is spent eating. But what about that summer bod? Fear not, for we at the Clog have created a recipe for a special kind of sesame balls that’ll not only make your stomach quite happy, but also keep you from shoving more snacks into your mouth.
What you’ll need:
2 cups of glutinous rice flour
1/4 cup of sesame seeds
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
3/8 cups of milk
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir the sesame seeds thoroughly into the glutinous rice flour.
3. Pour in the oil, milk and soy sauce. Crack in the egg.
4. Mix together until it forms a light yellow-colored ball of dough. If sticky, mix in a little more flour.
5. When the dough has become more solid and less sticky, divide it into 18 mini balls of dough. Roll into shape and place on the baking tray.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
Contact Sunny Tsai at [email protected].