Armed robbery, aggravated assault occur at Grizzly Peak over weekend

Two separate incidents — an armed robbery Saturday morning and an aggravated assault Sunday morning — took place at Grizzly Peak over the weekend, according to UCPD crime alerts.

At 4:28 a.m. on Saturday, UCPD received a report that three victims unaffiliated with the campus — a 23-year-old female and two 25-year-old males — had been robbed at gunpoint earlier that morning at Signpost 15 at Grizzly Peak. According to one of the UCPD alerts, the victims had been “enjoying the view near their car” when three males in their 20s approached them and demanded they hand over their property, to which they complied.

The suspects then reportedly fled on foot and headed toward Signpost 16, with the two male victims having sustained minor injuries during the robbery.

On Sunday morning sometime between 3:39 a.m. and 4:09 a.m., an unaffiliated male victim was assaulted with “an object that was used as a weapon” at Signpost 15 or 16 at Grizzly Peak, according to another UCPD alert. The incident reportedly occurred after an argument had broken out between the victim’s group and three males.

The victim was subsequently transported to an emergency room to receive treatment for his injuries. The UCPD release said no suspect description is presently available.

UCPD is asking anyone with information about either incident to contact their criminal investigation bureau at 510-642-0472 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., and at 510-642-6760 at all other times.

Check back for updates.

Logan Goldberg is the executive news editor. Contact him at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter at @logangoldberg.